Bonita Optimist Club
Application for a Scholastic Award
Youth, Community, Service Activities Foundation
1625 Yale Street, Chula Vista, California 91913
Application and Supporting Documents Must Be Returned by April 30, 2020
Return EVERYTHING to: Angela M. Hawkins, Ed.D.
1625 Yale Street
Chula Vista, CA 91913
- Application is to be completed by the applicant.
- Type or print clearly.
- Attach the following to the completed application:
- Three character reference letters, two of which must be from educators.
- Official transcript of courses completed.
- A biographical one-page essay, including educational background, financial need and other pertinent information about you and how, if at all, these things may be related to the goals of the Optimist Club.
- (Optional) Proof of your membership in Junior Optimists, Octagon Club, or other service organizations and activities.
- Proof of Community Service (letter from agency, counselor, transcript)
Applicant Name: Age:
Permanent Address: City: State: Zip:
Current School: Name of Principal
Month and Year, you will graduate from high school:
Your email address:
SOURCES OF FUNDS AVAILABLE
__ Applicant __ Parents __Job
__ Savings __ Grants
__ Scholarships __ Other service clubs
Identify other scholarships/grants already awarded.
Other funds you have applied for, but have not received notice of award.
PARENTS OR GUARDIANS
Name of Father: Occupation:
Home Address: Phone:
Is your father currently employed? Name of Employer:
Name of Mother: Occupation:
Home Address: Phone:
Is your mother currently employed? Name of Employer:
Note: We do not contact parents’ employers.
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION IN WHICH ENROLLMENT IS DESIRED
Course of Study: Degree Sought
Room and board: Other:
Will you be living at home or living on campus?
ABOUT OUR CLUB
The Bonita Optimist Club is one of over 4,200 Optimist clubs, with a combined membership of more than 172,000 members, conducting community and youth projects. One of these projects is the sponsorship of scholastic awards.
The Bonita Optimist Club is a voluntary organization of civic-minded men and women dedicated to community service. We sponsor the scholastic awards to applicants like you, essay and speech competitions, youth sporting events and teams, including the Baron Basketball Teams, high school football and hockey teams, and youth baseball. We assist children with special needs in providing educational aids, tools and support. We provide food and other assistance to children in need and military families. We conduct Book Fairs and Golf Tournaments to raise funds for youth activities. We also recognize student achievement through an annual awards ceremony in the elementary and middle schools. Our latest crusades have been to raise funds for the eradication of Childhood Cancer and assist Foster Youth.